When I was first working on restoring 18 in dolls back in 2022, I was trying to remember growing up what made each of my 18in dolls unique. My Our Generation Dolls, I remember it was either the outfits that they came in or the accessories that came with the doll. My American Girl dolls, it was the story. The dolls I have been collecting now, they have been a mix of both. I think have a little bit of both, is definitely something unique.
In my restored 18in dolls, I have been able to come up with full on stories about each and everyone of them to come with something a little different. In the stories I came up with Hobbies, Favorite Foods, Favorite Craft, Sport Items, and much more. When doing this, I wanted to be able to have each of them have a fun background, especially for all the new adventures the dolls will be able to be going on eventually.

Gia the Gymnast she was my first sports themed doll. I had the inspiration of doing this theme because my older sister Sami, before she became a figure skater and before I became a figure skater we both took Gymnastics. One of the designs I wanted to add in particular for this one which is a balance beam. You see in the backyard growing up my sister and I had a balance beam apart of our swing set. It was fun when we played outside. In particular of what would this doll it be designed with for Gym? A balance beam is the way to go for a design like this one. Besides her having her gymnast items, I also was thinking what would be her favorite food or drink, which I added based upon my own designs I have come up with over time.
This is Tia, she is my traveling doll. I thought this doll would be unique because she is a traveler and I thought that it would be something young girls would enjoy, especially during spring break season and for summer vacations.
The Unique thing about her would be she is totally ready for travel, because not only did I come up with like a fun destination but I came up with everything mostly that you would need when traveling like a boarding pass, a plane ticket, a map, a suit case, a travel dress. This set originally I designed in 2022 for Arftic Art in Janesville, and indeed it was a spring break inspiration. I thought what anyone loves to do in the spring break vacation and pets why not make it Spring Break Vacation with your pet. The pets that were dogs and cats were mostly the focus for the Arftic Art Pet Expo in Janesville. That is where I started to introduce my Designs for 18in dolls. Tia's Design was based upon my original play set I came up with back in 2022.
This is Lindsey, she is my pet grooming Salon Doll.
This Design concept was based upon a playset that I was in development of for the past 2 almost 3 years. This design was based upon being a dog owner myself. I have a 1 and 1/2 year old Cavapoo named Lillianna. Where I take her to get groomed they spoil her so much. I thought my Pet grooming set needed to be similar. I also felt that Lindsey needed to have more than one pet, so I thought that providing her a dog and a cat would be more fun with this one especially. Lindsey comes with everything that she would be one of my fun type of career themed dolls. I have another career doll which I am planning to share because she is also as unique as Lindsey. For Lindsey, I wanted her dress to be something of a fun print, because when I go bring Lillianna in to Country Roads, the workers there have some fun printed top on and so I wanted it to sort of be very similar in the design for the dolls outfit.
This is Tori Sparkle and she is my Unicorn Salon Doll.
You see when I came up with this design, I wanted this to stick out being a different design just like the other 18in Doll Spa and Salon sets and the Salon Dolls I have also seen. The reason for the unicorn theme is because its a really cool theme for an 18in doll and it could go in different routes in colors and patterns. That's how I came up with this for Tori. Tori is one of my other 18in doll career dolls. I can come up with many more like these for sure in the future.
If there is a doll that you want to see in a design, I would love to know your thoughts on new designs that I could do.
Comments
Post a Comment