For a little more than 5 years, I have been designing my own 18in doll designs, its been a learning experience of what design works and what needs some tweak's to make the design work. The important thing to remember that I learned in college is to make sure the design was functional, fun, and will with stand many of adventures.
Here is a number of designs that I developed in the the year of 2024. I have a wide range of party outfits, costumes, pjs, and every day outfits. In Comparison to where I started in some of my original designs some of the ones I have done like my Playtime Outfits, Mermaid Masquerade Costume, Sleepover Outfits, Team USA, Happy Glamping, Spa Day, Hula Girl, and Fun in the Sun Swim Suits, Holiday Outfits and the Enchanted Princess, its been a lot to develop. Here are some of my original Designs:
Enchanted Princess
Playtime outfit
Mermaid Outfit
Hula Outfit
Fun in the Sun Swim Suit
Spa Day outfit
Sleepover pjs
3 Different Holiday Outfits which are the Snow Princess, the Elf Princess, and the Peppermint Princess.
Team USA outfits that are shown here which are Sailing or Gymnastics.
We also Have the happy Glamping set that is the original design. We are working at modifying a few areas within the design.
These were just some of my original designs an concepts. Over the past year we have come up with some totally fun designs for 18in dolls. Here are some of the 2024 designs.
Lets start with some of my Color Block Party Dresses:
These are just a few of the designs that I came up with. It was an experiment to some of these designs. Color blocking with the use of the plain fabric to the pattern fabric.
Our new costumes were a definite experiment with how the design would look in the end. We did princesses, mermaids, and super heroes.
.

Overall, for 2024, these designs were pretty cool because they were my own original designs. I wanted to do color-blocking for these outfits because when I think of fantasy fashions I think of fun colors and fun designs.
Besides making new designs for doll outfits, we also did new sets. I always remembered to keep it fun for many of play times and adventures to come. I mean that is what happened when I was growing up playing with 18in dolls of my own. I remember many of the playsets and outfits I played with and had many of adventures with them.
Here are a number of the new sets I had developed from 2022 to 2024
These are my trick or treat sets. Something super fun for your doll to help celebrate Halloween because they get to have their own special fun treats.
We came up with some fun food pieces and some fun holiday food sets that would be fun for all meals of the day and perfect for the holidays and every day.



These are just a number of ones that I developed. When you follow our Facebook pages you will be able to know which set was which and which outfit was which. To give the breakdown of each of them here is the list of the designs:
1) Video Game sleepover with your Pet Playset
2) Twas the Night Before Christmas Pajama set
3) Peppermint Princess Playset
4) Pet Spa and Salon Set
5) Snow Day with your Cat Set
6) Girl and Doll Snowflake Craft Set
7) Sugar and Spice 18in Doll Baking Set
8) Sweet Tooth Fairy 18in Doll Sleeper Set
9) Sleepover with your Pup Play Set
10) Holiday TV Play Set
11) Holidiva 18in Doll Styling Set
Each of these sets I wanted to have it be designed that would be fun for many playtimes and adventures that young girls can experience. It also would be a fun set for a doll display for 18in doll collectors.When coming up with the holiday themes and items, I had to think what would be important the most when you see the playset.
The key thing that was important to me was to keep the design play-time friendly, fantasy inspired, and something fun that is seasonal or everyday. When I have talked to others about my designs, I always tell them I start from the ground up for the designs. I have to think of a few areas such as:
1) What is popular in 18in Dolls now?
2) What design would be super fun to do?
3) How would you want to portray or convey your design?
4) How do you want people to see your design?
I even do that with some of the new dolls that I designed for 2024.
Here are a few of them I Designed:
All 3 of these are my dolls I restored and the concepts are my original designs.
The Girls Designs are:
1) Gia my Gymnast
2) Tia my Traveler
30 Lindsey my Pet Groomer.
These designs are all my original for my design. I kept them as fun and fantasy filled as my playsets and clothing that I design.
People may ask what my journey of designing may be next? My journey is to add more into well everything of my designs. Hopefully you all can follow my journey in design.
Comments
Post a Comment