So for each doll design how do we determine what it will look like in the end.
When in the process of designing my 18in doll sets before I restore the doll. I always try to make sure that the set is going to be something fun for the 18in doll. I want it to be something that when the girl sees it she will want to play with it on the doll but can also be used for other dolls that she may have as well.
In example when I designed my doll that is the Salon Doll: Selena.
It was based on that she is a career doll, but she could also be the salon's customer that another doll in the girls selection was the salon's owner.
This was one of my most detailed sets I designed because no only can your girl style the dolls hair, but she can give her a spa day too within this set. because, within this set, your girl cannot only style the doll's hair but also give her a spa day. Also, the restored 18in doll can be either the hairstyler or the customer within this set with the outfit that she is wearing.
I wanted this set to be a more than one thing within the design so that there will be endless amounts of adventure and fantasy playtimes throughout.
This set also comes with 8 different wacky 18in doll hairstyle crafts to have fun with all your other dolls within your collection.
Here are some of the Hairstyles we did within this set:
The Rainbow Braid
These are just a couple of the hairstyles within this set.
Another Set design that I did that can be more that one design is my Pet Spa and Salon Set.
Both of these sets I had a lot of brain storming to do when puting it together at first. The Salon Doll I got the inspirations of what to add into it from the published playsets that like American Girl, Our Generation, and My Life Designed. I also did my own personal reasearch from my local salon I go to as well, so that I got everything I pictured within this design. I wanted to keep it fun but also make it that it would be for hours of imagination.
When Designing that Pet Salon and spa set, my key things was that it should be a design that is super fun and colorful, but also would also be something that could be used for many of playtime adventures. The reason for the Unicorn fabric for the dress is because I take my own dog to get groomed and all the workers have some creative scrub outfits on and I knew that is exactly what I wanted to do for my 18in doll set.
Other Dolls I've designed, I had taken into consideration of like what would be super fun for 18in dolls and to keep it also trendy to the everyday girl.
Here are some of my latest ones:
This is Tia, she is one of my most recent designs. She is a traveling doll. I think where this design concept came into would have to be from growing up and taking the family vacations we did. They were super fun, and so this theme inspired me to make a doll that would be a traveler and young girls would love to travel with. She comes with a travel dress for site seeing, a swim suit for swimming, and a pajama for bedtime. Plus she comes with many more travel items like her very own plane ticket, suit case, flip flops and more.
Gia is my Gymnastics Girl. For her she has a balance beam and a water bottle, a gold medal, and much more. When it came to this one, I wanted it to be something fun yet cool for a sport themed doll.
I have more sports dolls to come within my restoration line.
This next one I am sharing is a new one I did over the holidays. She was a winter princess tea party doll. I sold her over the holiday.
My Other one for the Holidays that I sold was a video gaming themed doll. Her name was Vanessa Joystick.
I went more with the theme of the 18in doll gamer in Pjs theme because playing video games at night for me was a definite fun past time that I would do growing up. I still do it to this day and so some of the designs were based upon what to have when playing video games like a sleeping bag, a fun Snack and Drink, a Doll Sized Tv just to name a few. I also added things for the girl with this one like Sleeper socks that are video games themed, a sleep mask, and also video game joystick barrettes.
So, to give some idea, when I come up with a design I want to have it be fun all around for young girls. Whether it is a fun craft for the girl like with my salon doll, something fun that is based upon something girls do everyday like traveling or a sport, or something as cool and fantasy themed like playing video games or having a tea party.
When coming up with these designs, I always remembered what it was like growing up and how fun it was playing with 18in dolls. I wanted my designs to be something that was similar in the design aspect, because for me still to this day I pull out some of my items that I use to play with my 18in dolls and put them with them.
I hope you keep following us within our journey of designing or restoring our 18in dolls and the playsets and clothes we do.
We would love to hear from you if you have any new inspirations that you would love to see in design as well.










Comments
Post a Comment