Meet the Dolls Behind Lillianna's Fantasy Fashion's Brand.

 

Fantasy Fashions for 18-inch dolls started a little over 4 years ago. As of January 2024, we renamed our brand to Lillianna's Fantasy Fashions for 18-inch dolls. Some of my friends, followers, and new customers have asked why 18-inch dolls and what got you into making this brand. Well the truth is, I am a kid at heart and have been collecting 18-inch dolls for a very long time growing up. I played with them after I completed homework, chores, and figure skating practice times. It was one of my favorite things to do, especially with my sister too.
 

When I was between the age 3 and 5, my first 18in dolls. 2 were through a company called, "IDOLLS", and named Emma and Libby. 




The Third doll Was an American Girl doll, named Samantha. 


These were my Childhood of starting my adventures of playing with 18in dolls growing up. Many more came after these 3 in particular. 

   Seeing these dolls again makes me remember that time growing up just playing dress up with them in the many clothes that I had at the time. As I collected more dolls, I also collected more clothes and I also collected like doll accessories and playsets. Some of the playsets I remember in particular would have to be my Figure Skating Set, my Horse Play Set, my Tennis Set, and my Grocery Set. These would have to be the ones I played with the most as a kid. Besides playing with them my sister with our fisher-price kitchen, our big Lego blocks, and anything else that we could come up with our 18-in dolls. We also would end up, in the family room of our house, making one big camping fort with all the different pillows, blankets, and sometimes chairs and couches.  

 As time went forward growing up, some of these other dolls joined in the fun of the family room adventures. Adding more dolls, made every journey or adventure something more fun for all. It also made the dolls more of a family, like they became sisters.







  
Some of the adventures may have included: a campout, a hike, swimming, an ice skating competition, a fashion show, a day at the movies, and even a day at the pool. It was living in a doll world of imagination. 


  As time went forward, when I was going through middle school and high school, I never forgot these times of playing with my 18-in dolls. There were many moments I wanted to pull them out and have fun being a kid at heart. However, I knew the moment I pulled them out, I would keep changing their outfits or doing their hair.

 When I was a senior in high school, one of the classes I took was a speech and research paper class. My final project was to research the history of a company, put together a speech dealing with the research, and present it including a visual aid. I chose to do the project on the History behind the American Girl Doll Company. I was able to understand so much about how the company started, and how they came up with all the different concept designs. 


  In college, I had a design class in my last term, and the last project was the design of a catalog for any company of choice. When I found this out, I knew what one to choose. The company I had chosen, would be the company that is near and dear to my heart, which is American Girl Doll. This project, is still one that is one of my very favorites from College. Not many know in college, but I got the American Girl Doll the Christmas before I graduated. This doll is the doll: 



  Julie was always one of my favorites, especially with the decade she had represented of the 1970's. 

 Commencement weekend in January of 2019, my parents surprised me with a very special American Girl Doll, with it being the Girl of the Year 2019. Here she is: 



  Blaire was a very Special Surprise because it helped me celebrate the design I did in class. She also reminded me that my designs are very creative. 


After Blaire, I decided that she needed some sisters too, and that's when these dolls came along: 






   For each doll that I have, I always give a unique story, because I believe everyone has a creative background. These dolls helped with start my own digital designs for Dolls Shirts, Shorts, and Skirts. These are some of my favorite designs: 




     In the Spring of 2020 I started to work on sewing my own 18in-doll outfits, because I wanted to do my own take on 18in Doll Outfits. I did Mermaid Costumes, and I did doll Pjs with Sleeping bags. Here is a preview of some design: 




These are my Mermaid Masquerade Costumes. They have always been my favorites to design especially. 

  These are the Pjs I designed. Something fun especially for the Holidays and the patterns are playful as well. 

I have more to share, but I hope meeting the dolls helps you get to know the brand a little bit more. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do you know what to design for each doll whether its in the play set, outfit or the doll

So for each doll design how do we determine what it will look like in the end.

Meet the Dolls we have Restored in Lillianna's Fantasy Fashions